Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just a History



Well, this is the first in I hope many of entries I will make. Yes this is a blog about a motorcycle. Motorcycles have many names, hog, iron horse.....ETC. Well I have a couple of names for my "RIDE", and here they are: Prozac, Valium, Booze, Pot, Cocaine. The reason I say that is because "riding" is the best high I have ever had.



I have had many rides in the last 25 years. I learned to ride a motorcycle from my friend Mitchell in Georgia when I was about 17 years old. Of course it was a dirt bike, and if I still was riding that bike, the red mud stains would still be there. I have several tattoos and I never admitted this but it was to cover up some of those "red mud stains" from my youth. Just kidding Alaina!!!



After I left Georgia and went back to California, I didn't ride again until I was out of the Army and working in Sacramento. I had a small Honda Rebel 250 Cruiser. Alaina, my beautiful (and even more beautiful now) bride also learned to ride on that bike. I will never forget when she was nine months pregnant with our first son Gerry (Bear), who I am now teaching to ride, her tummy made a wonderful back rest. When Bear would squirm around in there, it was like having a lower back massage. LOL!!!



We moved to Oregon a few years later and we sold that bike. I didn't ride again until Alaina and I decided to get another one. We have a couple of friends that over heard a conversation that Alaina and I were having about a purchase of a new bike. These two great people are Pastor Lynn and Mr. Mike (Double M). The said they had a bike that they would sell us for $600.00. It was a 1977 Honda Goldwing gl 1000. We snatched it up right away. We rode everywhere. Our longest trip together on that bike was all the way to Battle Ground Washington. We rode there with a change of close and flew the boys up there two days later with the rest of or clothes. It was a great time together. One of those trips I will never forget.

After about five years the bike finally quit running. Alaina wasn't too happy about that.



We ended up buying another bike. It was a Honda American Classic 750. Great bike. The only thing I didn't like about it was it lacked power going up the hill to Tahoe. So I hounded Alaina please, please, please, please......Pastor Kevin says I need one. She finally caved and let me get a 2004 Honda VTX 1300......What a bike. I have taken that everywhere.



That is where this blog page begins....



I want to dedicate this Blog to all my riding friends: Joe, Craig, Ferd, Ed, Dave, PK, and my "riding brother" Ray......



P.S. I need to include Bear and my brother Jack, they are just starting to learn to ride!!!!



I cant wait. There is a world of pavement to roll over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: